Welcome to the vulvar, vaginismus and female sexual wellbeing resources and information page for Ireland. In this article, I have compiled an extensive list of books, podcasts, research, information, communities, links and information all in one place to save you lots of time trolling the internet.
Here are some useful links for any person exploring female sexual health and well-being, vaginismus and vulvar concerns, sexual pain and Genito Pelvic Penetration Pain disorder (GPPPD) and related issues.
This is a list of helpful resources which I will continue to develop over time and which I have been using myself as a professional while writing the popular Vaginismus series blog. I hope it saves you lots of time and energy and provides you with a space to discover the right type of information you need right now. If you are not sure what you are looking for here
Find out more about my weekly Women's TLC Online therapeutic group for vaginismus and sexual pain conditions or visit the events page to book online.
Supports from Orlagh Reid MIACP
The Women’s Vaginismus TLC Online Group
The Women’s TLC Online Group is an Irish online therapeutic group for women with vaginismus and vulvar symptoms, sexual dysfunction and fear or anxiety associated with intimacy facilitated by Orlagh Reid, a Psychotherapist specialising clinical Sexology, coach and sexual health promotion facilitator. View the upcoming events page for the online group dates. It is a safe, therapetutic and sex positive self coaching space for attendees.
The Vaginismus Series Blog written by Orlagh Reid, IACP Accredited Psychotherapist, Coach and Sexual Health Promotion Facilitator began in February 2023 when I realised there was so little information in Ireland about the unspoken condition of vaginismus, vulvar pain and female sexual health wellness.
Book Online One to One Psychotherapy and Coaching Sessions. Morning & Evening Sessions online including weekly online groups.
Vaginismus in the Irish Context: A Grounded Theory Study by Dr Maria McEvoy (2021) – Take a read of this research by Dr Maria Mceyoy which examines the experiences of women, couples and professionals in Ireland living with and working with the condition of vaginismus. TAKE ME TO DCU RESEARCH PDF
Specialist Pelvic Physiotherapists for Vulvar pain and pelvic pain
Books & E-Books for female sexual wellbeing and intimacy
- Come Together by Emily Nagoski (2024)
- Sex Educated by Grace Alice O Shea (2022)
- The Integrated Guide to Treating Penetration Disorders in Women: Transforming Sexual Relationships from Fear to Confidence by Maha Nasrallah-Babenko (2022) (E-BOOK) available here on routledge.com
- Better Sex Through Mindfulness: How Women Can Cultivate Desire by Lori Brotto PhD
- The Better Sex Through Mindfulness Workbook: A Guide to Cultivating Desire by Lori Brotto PhD
- Come As You Are: The surprising new science that will transform your sex life by Emily Nagoski PhD
- The Come As You Are Workbook: The surprising new science that will transform your sex life by Emily Nagoski PhD
- Come Together: The Science (and Art!) of Creating Lasting Sexual Connections by Emily Nagoski (2024)
- Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters–And How to Get It by Dr Lauri Mindz (2017)
- How to Have Feminist Sex: A Fairly Graphic Guide by Flo Perry (2019)
- Overcoming Sexual Problems by Vicki Forde (2017)
- Effective Treatment of Women’s Pelvic and Sexual Pain Disorders by Heather Lauren Davidson (2023) available on routledge.com
Podcasts for female sexual health and wellbeing
Networks for women
The Vaginismus Network – A UK community for people with vaginismus – www.thevaginismusnetwork.com
Organisations for vulvar conditions, vaginismus and sexual health
The Vulval Pain Society – www.vulvalpainsociety.org
Female Intimate Wellbeing Products and Femtech
The Ruby Glow Company, UK – www.rubyglow.com
Anatomical Education: Buy anatomical clitoral and vulvar models – www.anatomicaleducation.org
Psychosexual Therapy and Fertility Counselling and Therapies Ireland
Irish Fertility Support Collective – Find over 30 fertility professionals on the Fertility Support Collective
Dara Byrne Coach – Fertility Wellbeing Ireland – Private and Group Support, Insta Live Interview, Blogs
Irish Fertility Counsellors Association – fertilitycounsellors.ie
Medical & Research Websites
Pub Med – USA National Library of Medicine – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
Taylor and Francis Online – www.tandfonline.com
Routledge: Taylor and Francis Group – www.routledge.com
If you would like to get intouch with me or have your your business, clinic, organisation or information listed on this page please email firstname.lastname@example.org with all your information and I would be happy to add you here and respond.